A ponytail is a gorgeous way to draw attention to your face and even elongate features, like your neck. But the key to a perfect pony is in the volume. It should be full and bouncy, never limp and sad.
To get a voluminous pony you can’t just throw your hair up in an elastic and call it a day. But if you put just a little extra time into it, the results are perfection.
Follow these steps to get the perfect “pumped up” ponytail:
- Starting with clean dry hair, brush your hair back into a smooth ponytail and secure halfway between the crown of your head and the nape of your neck.
- Separate a thin section of hair and wrap it around your pony to conceal the elastic. Tuck the tip of the hair under the elastic to secure.
- Next, using a one-inch curling iron (Hot Tools has a great one-inch iron) curl your ponytail in sections.
- Once you’ve finished take a large paddle brush and brush out your ponytail into soft waves.
- Finish with a spritz of hairspray.
*Note: If your hair is dry or prone to brittleness, you may want to do a treatment like Neutrogena’s Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. This will help keep recover your hair from over-processing.